5.24.2011

Do you believe?

Hello everyone! Tori here to bring you a fun little project I made last night using Smeared Ink's Faes unmounted rubber stamp set. I really, really love these little guys....and if you like them, you better hurry up and get them because they're being retired! They are available for ONLY $16 on our website (go to SHOP and then SPECIALS) but only while supplies lasts!

So, last week I tried a new technique using gesso and my NEW BEST FRIEND - the heat gun. I really liked the results I got from it, so I wanted to play with it some more (that's what she said, tee-hee). This time, I started with a box that i had left over from some Christmas chocolates that one of my work vendors had sent to me...it's a cute little box and I probably have 5 of them laying around waiting to be used. I took the box apart so I could lay it flat and then i applied a thick layer of gesso to it. Then, I heated it up with my heat guy to create the wonderful texture you see below. It's so awesome!

After that, I painted my box with purple and green acrylic paint and left it to dry. Then, I went and chose two of my favorite faes and colored them with my prisma color markers, white ink gel pen and some glitter glue - set aside to dry. By this time, my box was all dry and ready to play with me, so I punched some holes around the edges so I could thread some silver twine to hold the box together. I really liked the look of the silver with the purple and green so I used some around the top and also tied little bows on each side. Last, I adhered my faes to the box along with the sentiment "Believe"... and VIOLA! I hope you like it, thanks for stopping by!!  :)





I'll be entering in the following challenge(s):

6 comments:

  1. Tori - Thanks for playing in our 'NO, NO, NO Cards' Challenge #22!
    ♥ Sandi
    DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
    and Pattie's shop
    Home of Pattieboop and Allie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous and so unusual.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous creation, thanks fro sharing it with us at Craftycatz this week.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tori
    A fantastic creation,thankyou for joining us this week at CraftyCatz,
    Hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work!! Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles and good luck!

    Greetings, Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous project. Thanks for taking part in the Polka Doodles challenge.

    ReplyDelete